Dealing with the electrical system of your home is not only dangerous to your property, but it can prove to be a safety risk for you and the members of your household as well. For this reason, you need to ensure that only licensed and seasoned electricians handle the electrical system of your home. This article lists down some of the most dangerous electrical hazards in your home.
One of the most common and dangerous electrical hazards in your home is poor wiring. In this case, if you want to hire electricians Melbourne locals recommend when it comes to checking on your wiring connection, you can simply refer to online sources because most of the reliable and licensed ones already have a strong online presence. Keep in mind that good quality wiring that conforms to safety standards is vital to ensure that you and your family are risk-free.
Outlets Close to Water
Another dangerous electrical hazard is an outlet that is located close to a water source such as those located in bathrooms and kitchens. As much as possible, water sources should be installed a good distance away from electrical outlets to reduce the chance of any electric shock. It is also a good practice to avoid using electrical devices anywhere with a wet floor.
Extension cords also pose an electrical hazard particularly if they are overloaded. You should also place these extension cords in a place where the risk of tripping is minimal. As much as possible, cover unused sockets with plastic socket closures and never use extension cords as a permanent substitute for an additional power socket.
When you handle electrical appliances with wet hands, there is a great risk for you to encounter electric shock. Alongside this, you should also keep an eye on young children and pets who may be tempted to play with your electrical sockets. In this case, you can also protect your sockets with plastic covers to restrict them from trying to poke them with any material that they can find.
Some of the most dangerous electrical hazards in your home include poor wiring as well as outlets positioned too close to water. Even extension cords can pose a risk to your electrical system. You should also avoid touching or plugging any appliance or gadget with wet hands and keep a close eye on little children and pets. When you are aware of all of these, then your home will be much safer and clear from any electrical hazards.