5 ADVANTAGES OF WATERPROOFING YOUR BASEMENT RIGHT NOW
Home improvement is important not only for aesthetic reasons but also for maintenance purposes. When renovating your building, you must emphasize basement waterproofing. When you have water-related issues, your basement, when not waterproofed, will be susceptible to flooding.
Basement waterproofing is more than just reducing moisture and making the space more useable, but it will also prevent your basement from serious damping and other water hazards. The advantages of getting a waterproofed basement from Aquamaster is numerous, some of them includes:
1. Flood Avoidance
The basement is prone to floods due to its location in the building. Flooding renders the place useless and unhygienic in general. You won’t need to be concerned about this happening when you waterproof your basement.
2. Health Protection
Mold and mildew can form and spread in the basement due to prolonged wetness, which can be harmful to your health. Mold particles in the air can cause symptoms such as difficulty breathing and lung infections. Your basement will stay clean and safe with basement waterproofing.
3. Lower energy expenses
If your HVAC system includes vents that link to your basement, you should consider basement waterproofing because that might help you save money on heating and cooling. You can reduce your HVAC costs by more than 15 percent yearly.
4. Damage costs are reduced
In addition to the expenditures of air-conditioning and heating, you could be required to pay considerably more if your basement sustains serious damage. In addition to water penetration from severe rain, the multiple cracks and breaks will raise insurance claim costs. You can simply avoid this problem by hiring Aquamaster to help keep your basement in good shape.
5. Create more usable space
Today, one of the benefits of having a useable space is that you’re able to rent it out to earn extra money. Thus, basement waterproofing helps to preserve the basement structural integrity for other useful purposes.
5 strategies to keep water out of your basement
- Clear your gutter. Roof water may stream directly into your home’s foundation due to clogged gutter, thereby increasing the danger of basement flooding. Remove any debris from your gutter.
- Pumping water out of the basement is another option for keeping water out of your basement. If you can’t keep subsurface water out, you’ll have to channel it from within.
- Fixing the gaps: Water can enter via cracks surrounding plumbing pipes. In that case, you might consider filling the gaps using polyurethane caulk.
- Examining the roof for damage. You should inspect the roof for potential damage. Look for indicators of potential damage that might lead to a roof leak.
- Basement waterproofing is another option for keeping water out of your basement. Water will be prevented from flooding your basement once this is completed. You can get your basement waterproofed by professionals today. You can contact Aquamaster now!