Is your air conditioning making a strange noise? One of your indoor units no longer blows cold air? In case of air conditioning failure, some good reflexes allow you to detect the source of the problem and solve it, alone or with the help of a pro. For the air conditioning repair las vegas this is important.
Air conditioning failure: the signs to detect
Several anomalies can cause air conditioning problems in the house. To find out if you are facing an air conditioning failure, look for the following signs:
- Unusual noise
- Choppy operation
- Unexpected shutdowns of one or more units
- Bad smells
- Dripping or leaking of liquid (s) on the external unit
- Lights off or blinking
- Blown fuses
Remote control malfunctioning: the device does not respond
These various signs of an air conditioning failure can be isolated, or on the contrary, can be combined. Some are indicative of a small problem that is easy to contain, such as a dirty filter. Others, on the other hand, may indicate a larger problem, requiring the intervention of a refrigeration specialist or an air conditioning specialist.
Air conditioning problems
- It allows you to find qualified and available craftsmen near you.
- By requesting a quote you can compare up to 5 proposals from craftsmen to carry out your work
- Ask for a quote.
- Air conditioning problems in the home: common causes.
Home air conditioning problems with filters
Is your indoor unit no longer blowing enough hot (or cold) air? This air conditioning failure is often caused by dirty filters.Ditto if your devices produce an unusual noise , stop for a few moments or operate in a choppy fashion.
Clogging of filters is an air conditioning failure that is simple to repair. Here is how to clean the filters on your unit yourself:
- Turn off the device completely
- Open the unit and perform a first dusting of the filters with a vacuum cleaner
- Then take out each filter and clean it with a sponge, soaked in soapy water or a little washing-up liquid
- Rinse the filter for a long time in clean water, and allow it to dry completely before replacing it.
Do you have multi-split air conditioning? Repeat the procedure on each of the indoor units.
Please note: cleaning with water is only possible if your filters are made of plastic. If they are made of another material, settle for a vacuum cleaner.
Air conditioning failures due to leaks
If the outdoor unit is leaking, it may be due to a problem with the condensate tray. Placed on a wall support, it is responsible for collecting the water flows from the condensation. When this tank is full, it starts to overflow and causes a leak. An air conditioning failure that is easy to resolve: simply empty the tank before replacing it.
Another possible leak: it is not water, but refrigerant flowing from your outdoor unit. In this case, the leak is more serious and requires the intervention of a professional to identify the source of the flow and repair it. Too low a level of refrigerant not only prevents your unit from working, but it can also damage it. Go for the ac repair las vegas the below mentioned details will help you:
- Business Name: Techcool
- Address: 2905 Maverick St, Las Vegas, NV 89108
- Phone: (702) 808-4423
- Website: https://airconditioningrepairlasvegas.org
To avoid any additional problem with the air conditioning in your home, unplug the appliance immediately while waiting for the intervention of the professional.